Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2011

Testing ASTEROIDS debugging feature

Yesterday my Trendnet TU2-ET100 arrived. Usage-Experiance couldn't be better, plug-in, go to Parrots SysInfo App, enable Ethernet and plug-in network cable. I used a crossover cable just to connect my laptop to the ASTEROID for testing. On the laptop just type "adb connect " and you're done (DHCP required, if you don't have a DHCP server installed to provide the ASTEROID with an IP you have to specify a static one as I did.) The Asteroid seems to support only CClass-C Networks when you type in a manual IP (there is no Subnet Mask field) maybe the "10.0.0.10/24" notation is allowed.
Debugging in Eclipse just works as usual. I used the connection to view some LogCat messages and test out a small Service i wrote...Remember the sentence "For the time being, only the native applications have access to the Parrot media player."? My service Broadcasts an Intent containing Artist, Album and Title of the current Song or Name and RDS-Text of the current Radio station played in the native Media Player...first step to scrobbling (my primary target for now...)

Have fun debugging (13€ for the Trendnet Adapter is well spent money),

Jonas

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen